The Duchess of Cornwall, who earlier this month attended Princess Charlotte's christening with her husband Prince Charles, is expected to mark her 68th birthday on July 17 with family and close friends. To honor her big day, HELLO! have gathered a list of 10 facts you may not have known about the famous royal.
1. The Duchess of Cornwall was born Camilla Rosemary Shand on July 17, 1947 at King's College Hospital in London. She was the first child of parents Major Bruce Shand and his wife, the Honourable Rosalind Shand.
2. Camilla is 16 months older than her husband Prince Charles, who was born in November, 1948 at Buckingham Palace.
3. Earlier in July, Camilla visited Wimbledon where she watched Andy Murray play. At the end of the match, the Scottish tennis player threw his wristband up to the Duchess in the royal box. Camilla decided to put the signed wristband on eBay, and it eventually sold for $3,280, which will be donated to the Royal Veterinary College Animal Care Trust, chosen by Andy.
4. The royal is a big fan of TV dance competition Strictly Come Dancing, and in 2011 she visited the hit show's set.
5. To mark Camilla joining the royal family, a new rose was named the Duchess of Cornwall in 2005.
6. When Camilla and Charles have time off from their royal duties, the Duchess is known to enjoy reading, fishing, gardening and taking country walks with her dogs. As a royal wife herself, Camilla has provided support to daughter-in-law Kate Middleton and the pair are said to be close.
7. Also celebrating their birthdays this weekend are Canadian actor Donald Sutherland (who turns 80), Fast and Furious star Vin Diesel and fellow Brit Benedict Cumberbatch.
8. As a senior member of the royal family, Camilla works with many charities and has won praise for her support for victims of rape and sexual abuse.
9. Camilla's full royal title is 'Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess of Chester, Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order'.
10. Camilla is famously down to earth and is known for never shying away from an awkward situation, even when there's a camera present. Don't believe us? Check out our gallery of the Duchess of Cornwall's funniest moments.