To mark the young royal's 11th birthday, HELLO! Online have gathered a list of ten facts you may not have known about King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima's eldest daughter...
CLICK ON PHOTOS FOR FULL GALLERY
1. Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria was born at 17.01 on 7 December 2003 at the Bronovo Hospital in The Hague.
2. To celebrate her birth, 101 salute shots were fired across the Kingdom of the Netherlands including Den Helder and The Hague in the Netherlands and in the Caribbean islands of Antilles and Aruba.
3. In June 2004, the princess was baptised by Reverend Carel ter Linden in the Great Church in The Hague.
4. Catharina-Amalia's godparents include her uncles Prince Constantijn and Martin Zorreguieta, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, former vice-president of the Council of State of the Netherlands Herman Tjeenk Willink and her parents’ friends Samantha Deane and Marc ter Haar.
5. Catharina-Amalia was one of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden’s bridesmaids at her wedding ceremony to Daniel Westling in Sweden in 2010.
6. The Dutch princess shares her birthday with About A Boy star Nicholas Hoult and former JLS singer JB Gill.
7. Catharina-Amalia has two younger sisters, Princess Alexia and Princess Ariana, who their parents affectionately nicknamed the ‘triple As’.
8. In April 2013, Catharina-Amalia's grandmother Queen Beatrix abdicated in favour of her father Willem-Alexander, meaning she became heir apparent with the title Princess of Orange.
9. She is the first Princess of Orange to hold the title in her own right since Mary of Baux-Orange in 1417.
10. It is not expected that the young princess will carry out royal duties until she is 18 when she assumes a seat in the Advisory Division of the Council of State of the Netherlands.
Speaking ahead of his investiture as king, Willem-Alexander explained: "Amalia's title will be made formal when she's eighteen and she enters the State Council. Until then, we will protect her as much as possible. That means she won't participate in official engagements, or as little as possible. Her environment right now should only include her parents, her sisters, and her friends."